Coriandolo Radio Module
Principle of operatioN
The CR module is a 5-channel hybrid, frequency hopping / spread spectrum device. It uses GFSK wide-band modulation with frequency deviation. The 6 dB bandwidth is at least 500 kHz and the 20 dB bandwidth is at least 1 MHz. Modulation and channel characteristics are identical for receiving and transmitting. A receiving device will occupy (dwell on) a given frequency channel for a maximum duration of 0.4 seconds in any 2-second period.
- +4 dBm transmitter power, GFSK modulation, modulation index = 0.32
- 1 Mbit/s symbol rate
- Optional data whitening / encryption
- Frequency hopping: 5 sequential channels: 2472, 2402, 2422, 2446, and 2480 MHz
The CR hardware Module implements both the Base and Sensor roles, which are differentiated only by embedded software.
Technical details of the CR module are available in the CR Module User's Manual, including module pinout, package outline, and the recommended host PCB land pattern. An Altium component description of the CR module is available, please contact us. The schematic for the CR module is available here.
A CR development kit is currently itself in development and will be available on March 15, 2017.
The CR module PCB has modular approval under FCC rule part 15.247 (FCC ID: 2ACIHRE1).
The CR module PCB is fabricated on a 2-layer FR4 substrate by SuperPCB and assembled by Broach Bilt Manufacturing (BBM) Inc. using a no-clean process. Each CR module is programmed, tested, and shipped to you by 64seconds.
- Processor: ARM M0 (the CR module is based on the nRF51822, Nordic Semiconductor)
- Module GPIO: Sixteen external ports, P0.00 to P0.15
- Peripherals: RTC, 3 Timers, SPI, UART, TWI, ADC, Comparator, and more
- Crystals: 32.768 kHz (± 20 ppm, 3215 footprint) and 16.00 MHz (± 30 ppm, 2016 footprint)
- Antenna: Chip antenna, 2.45 GHz (2450AT45A100E, Johanson)
- PCB is two-layer, FR4, 0.8 mm thick
- Module dimensions: 22.86 x 17.14 x 3.5 mm
- Easily solderable via 28 x 2.54 mm castellations (and machine-placeable)